Growing up my mom would always cook our bacon on the stove in a pan, but upon discovering the oven method this past week I don’t think I’ll ever use the stove again. Whenever I cook bacon I always make a huge mess and end up getting burnt by splattering grease. It’s probably my own fault and I’m sure I can make some adjustments to make it easier, but now that I’ve discovered the oven cooking method I don’t need to.
It’s extremely simple and the best part is you don’t have to hover over the bacon as it cooks!
- Preheat your oven to 375-degrees.
- Line a baking pan with tin foil and make sure that you create a lip with the foil so that the grease cannot escape the foil.
- Lay out your bacon on the tin foil and place in the oven.
- I let mine cook for 25 minutes, but I like my bacon very crispy, if you don’t want it as crispy I would start checking it around 18-20 minutes.
- Remove the bacon and place on a paper towel and cover with another one to soak up the grease
Remember that the bacon will appear a lot less crispy than it actually is when you first take it out of the oven. Once the grease is soaked up in the paper towels it will become extremely crispy and delicious. I really can’t believe that I’ve never used this method to cook bacon.
What other bacon cooking tips do you guys have, we’d love to hear them!
[image courtesy of This is Reverb]